A Gift for the Arts
& Scholarship Program for Lexington Residents
Contribute household objects, collections, heirlooms, automobiles, or business liquidation items to Munroe and deduct their sale value on your tax returns. Generally, our team will pick items up from you. (For cash or credit card donations, please follow this link.)
Items will go directly to the sellers; they will never be stored at Munroe. Do not drop off items at the Munroe Center!
Twenty percent of profits go into a scholarship fund for arts programming at the Munroe Center for the Arts. Additionally, we will list your name on our roll of honor for support for the center.
How it Works
Review our categories of what we do want and don't want. Email us at Gift@MunroeCenter.org a list of what you have to offer. We'll run the list by our team of professional, registered, highly-rated and experienced eBay trading assistants.
Our selling team will let us know what they want. We'll contact you to organize a hookup between you and the sellers. This can be at your home or business, at Munroe, or at the sellers' place of business. Sellers do all the work of photographing, listing, and running eBay auctions. For this, they generally take about 30% commission.
The remaining 70% goes to Munroe Center for the Arts. Of this amount, 20% goes into a scholarship fund for Lexington residents. The Executive Director will write you an official letter that you can use for your tax deduction. We'll also post your name on our donors site.
What We Can Use
- Vintage items in good condition, including toys, games and dolls; vintage record players; vintage handheld video games;
- Sterling silver
- Pottery or glass by known makers
- Vanity items
- Old perfumes
- Unique new labeled designer clothing and accessories
- Unique and interesting items, one of a kind items
- Newer laptops
- First editions in good condition
- Coin collections
- 1970s action figures
- Collectibles, including collectible toys (Brio trains, matchbox cars)
- Automobiles, boats, RVs, trucks in decent condition
- Many business liquidation items
- Certain magazines and special edition newspapers
- China, glass, linen
What We Cannot Use
- Yard sale or Goodwill type items
- Desktop computers
- Computer monitors
- Large electronics
- Books (unless they are first editions in good condition)
- Tapes & records
- CD/DVD players
- Unnumbered Beanie Babies
- Toys (unless collectibles or vintage)
- Bulky items and furniture