BARRIER BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT
- Using a spray paint primer first is useful to ensure acrylic paints and other non oil-based paints or markers adhere to the boards and last long! Our recommendation: Krylon COLORmaxx Paint & Primer Spray
- If you have a spray or acrylic sealant, consider using it to waterproof work. HOWEVER, take a good look at the ingredients and call customer service to make sure it won’t remove your work! Our recommendation: Rust-Oleum Crystal Clear Enamel
- If requested, we’ll spray your piece with the sealant, so don’t worry if you don’t have it and your piece scratches easily or is not completely waterproof. However, there’s a small chance it will crack your work.
- Sharpie and acrylic paint-pens adhere quite well when accompanied with a sealant!
- Sketch out your pieces with pencil! Expo-marker also erases off the boards easily if you want to use it to draft your painted pieces.
For artists doing connected boards: Artwork will be displayed in a 1x4 formation, with each board in a vertical orientation like the illustration below.